Cookies & Advertising Policy
I. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files placed on your device to store data that can be recalled by a web server in the same domain that placed the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your device, but it can contain other information as well.
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs) that we use to count users who have visited those websites, and gather usage and performance data. We may also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from our service providers, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from other companies, such as videos, news content, or ads delivered by other ad networks (see Interest-Based Advertising below). Because your browser connects to web servers operated by other companies to retrieve that content, those other companies are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
The analytics providers we use include the following:
Mobile Advertising ID Controls
iOS and Android device operating systems provide options to limit tracking and/or reset the advertising IDs.
Email Web Beacons
Most email clients have settings which allow you prevent the automatic downloading of images, which will disable web beacons in the email messages you read.
II. Interest-Based Advertising
We may use other companies to collect analytics information and serve advertisements on our behalf. When you visit our website(s), we and these companies may collect information from cookies, pixel tags, device identifiers, and other technologies about your browsing activity and use of our website(s). We may use this information to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests.
- Interest-Based Advertising. Some of these companies deliver advertising and content based on your activity across websites and over time. This is interest-based advertising.
- Opting Out. In accordance with the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, if you do not want to receive interest-based advertising, you may opt out by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Device-Based Opt Out Features. Your device may also include features that allow you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Scope of Opt-Out. If you opt out of interest-based advertising, you may still see ads that are less tailored for you as you browse the internet.
- Do Not Track. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our Services (as described below), because of a lack of standardization regarding Do Not Track signals we are not able to receive or honor “Do Not Track” signals from your web browser at this time. Inst ead, you can use the range of other tools to control information collection and use, including the cookie, analytics, and advertising controls described above.